Information continues to change and NACS is committed to adapting our approach to address the latest recommendations. We will keep all our exhibitors, attendees, staff and vendors up to date with new developments as they unfold.
Thank you for registering for the NACS Show, we are looking forward to gathering with our industry friends in Chicago! NACS is committed to keeping our attendees, exhibitors, vendors, and guests safe by implementing and enforcing protocols established by local and federal government agencies, at the time of the NACS Show.
What to Expect at the NACS Show
- NACS strongly recommends that all attendees, exhibitors, booth personnel and vendors get vaccinated if they are able to
- Chicago’s McCormick Place is our largest venue allowing for plenty of room to space out
- The Expo floor was created with wider aisles to minimize traffic congestion and maximize space for social distancing
- Social distancing will be encouraged in all common areas
- Currently face masks are required indoors for all attendees, vendors, exhibitors, speakers, guests and staff, regardless of vaccination status, in the state of Illinois. We will continue to monitor local, state guidelines in the event of a change prior to or during the event.
- Masks are required on all shuttles and public transportation throughout Chicago
- McCormick Place has been awarded GBAC Star™ accreditation for establishing a comprehensive system of cleaning, disinfecting, and implementing infectious disease prevention protocols. The GBAC Star™ program is the gold standard for public facilities
- Common areas and high touch surfaces will be routinely cleaned and disinfected, with deeper cleaning taking place overnight
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the building and in every booth
- Contactless mobile print stations will be available at select locations, for badge printing only, for those who have pre-registered.
- Using the NACS Show mobile app, Cool New Products will implement QR code scanning for a touch-free experience
- Food & beverage functions will be staffed by masked servers
- If an attendee needs immediate medical attention, there are designated first aid areas within McCormick Place. In the event an attendee is experiencing Covid symptoms or needs assistance with Covid testing, several local medical facilities have been identified to assist
As conditions continue to change and evolve, NACS is prepared to implement the following precautions:
- Create block education and expo scheduling to split attendance in ½ between expo and education sessions throughout the day
- Configure meeting rooms, general sessions, education sessions, workshops and public spaces according to the recommendations at the time of the NACS Show in October
- Monitor capacity in general and education sessions and may limit the number of attendees allowed in a session to ensure everyone can maintain a safe distance
- Limit attendance at Kick-Off Party
- Increase signage throughout McCormick regarding mask wearing, sanitation practices and social distance
- Send reminders and updates to protocols in place through the NACS Show app, NACS channel in hotels, show emails and McCormick Place audio
- Have designated masked servers for buffets and/or serve individual portions or pre-packaged meals
Be Well Agreement
Any public space where other people are present holds an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 and other communicable diseases. By attending this event, I agree to voluntarily assume all risk related to exposure and agree to not hold NACS or any of their affiliates including partners and sponsors, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, volunteers, or sponsored venues liable for illness. I will take necessary precautions while at the event as recommended at that time by federal, state and local health authorities. I agree to not attend any NACS event if I feel ill or had recent exposure to a COVID-19 case.
Check back often, this page will be updated as new information is confirmed.
*updated as of September 20, 2021