NACS Show Media Room
Welcome to our new online media room! As members of the editorial trade press, sharing stories about the NACS Show and the opportunities for retailers to grow their bottom line, connect with their customers and showcasing the innovations found at the expo can benefit your audience and our industry. Here you will find news and content to help connect your audience with the excitement taking place at the NACS Show.
Convenience Corner at the NACS Show
Stay connected with on all of the excitement and hot topics taking place at this year’s NACS Show in the Convenience Corner blog.
Read the Blog
NACS Show News
NACS Show History
NACS has held an annual meeting since it was founded in 1961. These first meetings were called annual meetings. It wasn’t until 1976 that the meeting included a true exhibition. While NACS continued to hold annual meetings, the expo was part of the event only every two or three years. From 1986 on, the annual meeting included an expo, although those early years featured a greatly scaled-down expo every other year until what is known today as the NACS Show debuted in 1993. Today, the NACS Show rotates between three cities: Chicago, Las Vegas and Atlanta. Since 2013, the expo has covered more than 400,000 net square feet and hit a record 431,800 net sq. ft. in 2018 in Las Vegas.
C-Store Industry Facts
Here's facts about the U.S. convenience store Industry:
- U.S. convenience stores conduct 165 million transactions per day.
- Convenience stores sell 80% of the gasoline in the United States.
- There are more than 153,000 convenience stores in the United States—one per every 2,100 people.
- Convenience stores account for 34% of all brick-and-mortar retail outlets in the United States.
- In 2018, the U.S. convenience store industry had record in-store sales of $242 billion; combined with fuel sales, total industry sales reached $654 billion.
- Convenience stores contribute and collect more than $1 billion annually to local organizations and
(Sources: NACS State of the Industry Report of 2018 Data; NACS/Nielsen Convenience Industry Store Count; )
Additional NACS resources:
Discover positive impacts convenience stores have in their communities by creating jobs, improving local economy, and contributing to the community contributions.
Official 2019 Images
During the show, we will post daily images of the event highlights for press to use. Before the show, please feel free to use these images below.
Log In to Download Original Images
Follow us to keep up with all the latest #NACSShow news and share your updates with ##NACSShow attendees.