The NACS Show welcomes exhibitors who are selling legal products in a legal manner. NACS does not independently evaluate the legality of the products shown in the exposition but any product of which NACS becomes aware that is not a legal product or that is not being offered in a legal manner will be removed from the NACS Show.
Not Legal Products – Marijuana-derived products, products containing marijuana, and products containing not legal substances are strictly prohibited at the NACS Show. This includes products such as Delta-8 THC, among other products.
Products Containing CBD – The FDA has not approved any retail products containing hemp-derived CBD that are ingestible or that make claims of therapeutic benefit/disease treatment. The FDA therefore maintains that the sale of such products is illegal under the Federal Food, Drug & Cosmetic Act.
For more information, please visit NACS CBD Retailing Compliance Resources.
Products Containing Kratom – (Updated 10/26/2022) Kratom-based products will not be permitted at the 2023 NACS Show in Atlanta.
Exhibitors – CBD at the NACS Show
At the 2023 NACS Show in Atlanta, NACS members that manufacture or distribute hemp-derived CBD products are eligible to participate as exhibitors. Exhibiting suppliers with products containing CBD must comply with the following statements and agree to our supplemental addendum:
- No exhibitor can sell or distribute cannabis in any form at the Show.
- Promotional materials and packaging for hemp-derived CBD products are permitted.
- No exhibitor can be in open possession of cannabis in any form at the Show.
- No exhibitor can offer samples or an opportunity to ingest cannabis in any form, including hemp-derived CBD products, at the Show.
Attendees – CBD Products Notice
Please be aware of the following statements regarding CBD products at the 2023 NACS Show.
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has not approved any retail products containing hemp-derived CBD that are ingestible or make claims of therapeutic benefit/disease treatment.
- The FDA maintains that the sale of such products is illegal under the Federal Food, Drug & Cosmetic Act.
- The FDA’s position does not apply to topical CBD products that are not ingested as long as such products do not make health claims.
- Any ingestible CBD products for which marketing materials are displayed at the 2023 NACS Show are not yet legally on the market but may be sold in the marketplace following FDA approval or regulatory action.