David is a strategic and performance focused consumer, retail and foodservice executive, who combines marketing, merchandising, sales, and manufacturing expertise with a record of breakthrough innovation to grow established businesses and create new product categories. He is a creative general manager, risk taker and problem solver who champions new ideas with a strict focus to drive bottom-line results. His experience includes:
- VP Global Foodservice, Circle K (Couche-Tard), where he leads the strategic planning, merchandising, product development and business performance for all fresh foods and dispensed beverages across the companies 16,000 stores globally.
- Chief Customer Officer, Greencore USA, where he led the commercial business including, sales, marketing, customer strategy, customer relationships and sales performance for the newly combined $1.4B US business.
- VP, DMM, Walmart Stores Inc, where he led the Commercial Bakery & Deli Businesses, as well as the Service and Commercial Deli Businesses. He led a ~$10 billion portfolio, across all US stores and his 900 suppliers.
- Vice President, Marketing, TCBY®, where he led the turnaround of the TCBY Yogurt business at Mrs. Fields Famous Brands, through a comprehensive revitalization of the brand, including new store design, messaging, and an improved product assortment.
- Senior Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Farmland National Beef, the 4th largest beef processor in the US, where he transitioned its commodity products into high-margin, high-growth branded businesses, driving sales and profit growth of 25% and 142%.
- Senior Brand Manager, Kraft Foods, where he grew the sales and profitability of established businesses and launched award-winning new products, advertising and promotions.
David has been awarded “Foodservice Innovator of the Year” by Convenience Store News, “DMM of the Year” at Walmart, “New Product of the Year “ awards at three different companies, and created and launched “Marketside” a new private brand for Walmart that exceeds $2B in annual sales.
He earned his M.B.A. from Harvard Business School, his B.S. in Finance from Brigham Young University and his C.P.A. while working for Arthur Andersen & Co.