A central mission of NACS is to ensure that convenience retailers are able to sell legal products in a responsible manner on a level playing field. After reviewing the changes made to the legal status of industrial hemp and cannabidiol (CBD) products in the Farm Bill that Congress passed in late December 2018, NACS has updated its position on hemp-derived CBD products.
At the 2019 NACS Show in Atlanta, a dedicated section of the exhibit hall has been added to highlight hemp-derived CBD products and industry suppliers. Featured CBD exhibitors and education sessions will alert NACS industry retailers and buyers about the potential of these future product sales and inform them of the legal implications of selling any CBD product that is ingested or for which health claims are made before those products are approved by the FDA. Education session details will be available in mid-June 2019. Details:
- Hemp-derived CBD products are eligible.
- CBD Pavilion is a partitioned section of the exhibit hall with a dedicated entrance located in Hall C of the NACS Show.
- CBD exhibiting companies will be available to discuss and share marketing materials on their CBD-containing products.
- All CBD Pavilion visitors must review and agree to the liability waiver upon entry at designated kiosks.
NACS members that manufacture or distribute hemp-derived CBD products only are eligible to participate. (Product specification details may be requested for verification.)
Per federal and Georgia state law restrictions, hemp-derived CBD products may be displayed only.
- No onsite orders of CBD containing product at the event
- No distribution of free CBD containing samples at the event (product discussion only, sampling is prohibited)